US Census Russian-English-speaker
English-Russian-speaker needed for
Partnership Assistant (PA) job in Phoenix
1. Skills Needed
- Work for U.S. Government 2010 Census.
- Job for about 1 year.
- Part-time, 16 to 30 hours a week.
- Pay $16+ per hour, plus $.55/ mile driving.
- Apply by e-mailing (1) resume and (2) cover letter to News@RussianAZ.org
2. Examples of Key Job
- Self starter and organized.
- Can work independently to carry out assigned work.
- Ability to present and interact with community members,
organizations, and/or local governments.
- Have strong community/local knowledge and, in many
instances, cultural and language capabilities for the community for
which they are hired.
- Be available to work evenings and weekends, as needed, to
attend community meetings/events.
3. Pay and Supervision
- Help build partnerships and follow-up with established
partnerships within the community assigned through presentations, phone
calls and written correspondence.
- Help identify community groups, governmental entities and
organizations that need to be educated/involved with the 2010 Census.
- Call on/visit potential community
groups/organizations/governments to initiate interest and involvement
with the 2010 Census.
- Assist in building community awareness by giving
presentations, assisting at community events such as setting-up/manning
booths at events.
- Attend meetings to present and distribute information to
educate the community in order to motivate response and cooperation for
the 2010 Census.
4. Applicant Requirements:
- Most positions are part-time and hours will vary from 8 to
36 hours per week.
- Pay is at an hourly rate (varies by location).
Payroll will be submitted daily for the days that the PA works.
Paychecks will be issued weekly.
- Reimbursement will be given for mileage driven (currently
.55 cents per/mile)
- PAs will work from their home.
- PAs report to/are supervised by a Partnership
- PAs will receive paid training for their job and will be
provided a cell phone.
Apply by e-mailing (1) resume and (2) cover letter documents to News@RussianAZ.org
Applicants will be screened for US Census.
- Must be 18 years of age and a US citizen
- Pass a basic skills test and a criminal background check
- Have access to a motor vehicle